Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Puzzled?


Last week In YW's the lesson was on keeping an Eternal Perspective. I brought 2 children's puzzles with me. (24 pieces each) To one group of girls I gave the boxed puzzle with the picture and to the other group I gave just the puzzle, no picture of what it was to be. After they put them together, we talked about how much easier it is to complete a puzzle when we have the picture of the finished product. We talked about how our perspective changes as we grow and learn. Our Heavenly Father knows where we are in our life and our challenges and knows we can make it through them. Having an eternal perspective is having the faith that there is a purpose greater than we can comprehend. It's relying on our faith that our Heavenly Father will guide us if we ask for his help. I gave each girl this handout, advising them when we get confused or "puzzled", try to see things as our Heavenly Father does!
BTW-the puzzle idea came from my friend Raeshel Hortin! Thanks Raeshel!
p.s.

I used Max's puzzle for the hand-out. Evidently it was his favorite because when he saw them he cried! This puzzle was missing pieces so I didn't think he would care, my bad! I did try to explain eternal perspective to him, he wasn't buyin' it!

Click on it for larger view!

No comments: